Lewis Mouldings is committed to providing consumers with wood products harvested from forests that are managed sustainably. To meet this demand, Lewis Mouldings has established a Chain of Custody (CoC) system that provides a link between certified forests and the raw materials used in our manufacturing process.
- Track the origin of logs that we purchase from wood suppliers and use at our facility.
- Monitor our wood suppliers to ensure we avoid sourcing raw materials from the following controversial sources:
- illegally harvested wood;
- wood harvested in violation of traditional and civil rights;
- wood harvested in forests where high conservation values are threatened by management activities;
- wood harvested in forests being converted to plantations or non-forest use;
- wood from forests in which genetically modified trees are planted.
- Monitor and document the volume of raw materials harvested from forest lands certified to internationally recognized sustainable forest management standards.
- Maintain a management system to ensure that the tracking of forest products conforms to Chain of Custody and Controlled Wood standards. This includes annual audits and management reviews to verify the controls and documents are effective and maintained.
- Communicate information about our chain of custody system to our customers and other interested parties.